Blade Runner News
For all of you whom will go to Comic-Con, on Friday July 13′th you shouldn’t miss this:
Friday July 13, 2012 7:00pm – 8:00pm @ Room 6BCF
7:00-8:00 – In 1982, Blade Runner, director Ridley Scott’s classic adaptation of SF master Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? was released to theaters and forever changed the face of cinematic science fiction. Filmmaker, BR expert, and acclaimed author Paul M. Sammon (Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner) hosts a 30th anniversary celebration of this influential masterpiece. Sammon (who was present throughout BR’s filming and met Philip K. Dick) will interview numerous BR cast and crewmembers, including BR art director David Snyder and BR: The Final Cut producer Charles de Lauzirika. Be there to meet these and other very special BR guests. Room 6BCF
Ichiban Toys, a company that creates their own Lego kits has created a stunning Lego Spinner that can be yours for $49.99 (+ postal costs), The kit comes unassembled so you have to build it yourself (The kit comes with instructions so don’t worry)
We’ve had requests for this model for years, and as great admirers of “Blade Runner”, we knew that if a kit was to be released, it had better be perfect. Our kit is about as good as it gets – a sweeping windscreen showcasing an interior with seats and gauges. Two doors that open up, just like the real vehicle. And lights galore! Take a spin through 2019 Los Angeles in this police spinner.
- Manufactured by: ICHIBAN Toys
- Merchant SKU: 1030
- Opening doors that pivot upwards, just like the real vehicle!
- Sweeping curves and lines to capture the shape as accurately as possible!
- A full interior consisting of two seats, gauge panels and a see-through floor!
- Fully detailed underside for those hovering moments!
- Two independently spinning wheels on the underside for road mode!
- A special slot design on the underside allows it to easily connect to a stand!
- Featuring many rare pieces and a lot of dark blue!
- You will receive ALL of the 205 BRAND-NEW parts needed, carefully packaged in resealable polybags. These parts are all brand-new official LEGO® elements.
- Heavyweight gloss-cover color instruction booklet.
- Packaged in a sealed collector’s box.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6 x 3.25 x 2″ or 15.5 x 8.5 x 5cm
- These kits use LEGO bricks to create the models. LEGO is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.
There are alot of Lego spinners available on the Internet but so far I’ve haven’t found one that’s for sale until now.
Today is the 30′th birthday of Blade Runner, to celebrate this I will in a few hours sit down and watch it again.. Maybe you will do the same ?
You might also like to check out an really good article online called “Blade Runner at 30: Celebrating Ridley Scott’s Dystopian Vision” publshed by Time Inc.
Happy 30′th Birthday Blade Runner
Blade Runner was released 30 years ago and that calls for an anniversary edition which is a 4-Disc Blu-ray / DVD +UltraViolet Digital Copy Combo Pack