Username: Password:

Author Topic: Blade Runner Zine Book! (Check this out book/artist lovers!)  (Read 6635 times)

Offline tetris911

• Skin-job
Blade Runner Zine Book! (Check this out book/artist lovers!)
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:40:58 am »
Hey all I am new here and I figured I would join this Blade Runner forum because it seems like this is the most active blade runner forum on the internet? Unless I am wrong about this then maybe others can tell me what other Blade Runner forums are bigger BUT either way I wanted to create this thread because I think I found something that book readers may be VERY interested in reading!

So my friend send me this link via email and I am glad he did because he is a blade runner fan like myself but this link he sent me this unique project! I have already pledged because the artwork is PHENOMENAL!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameso/skinjobs-a-blade-runner-zine

Description:
Blade Runner-inspired artwork from 25 illustrators, collected in a risographed anthology booklet.

Replicants unite! We're bringing you a fan-made tribute to one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time, Ridley Scott's Blade Runner. Known for its futuristic, dystopian aesthetic, the Blade Runner universe provides the perfect fodder for a collaborative art project. In an off-world mining colony, twenty-five of us illustrators have taken up the challenge, and plan to collect our work in a super high-quality booklet. But we need your help to ensure it reaches Earth.

I had no idea what "Risographed" means but I did a little research and now I understand it! Here is the link if you want to get a better idea of what "Risograph" is all about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risograph

Here is one screen shot that the project creator attached down below and there is PLENTY more of them by clicking the link below:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameso/skinjobs-a-blade-runner-zine

So...What do you think Blade Runner fans??? I am not the creator of that project but I figured I could spread the news about this book project to other Blade Runner fans because I have no idea if other Blade Runner fans know about this project or not.

The best part about this project is that it has ALREADY reached the funding goal so quickly!! So what this means is that the project is a success and that it will be released to the public no matter what! The delivery date says January 2014 and As of today on 11/23/2013 there is STILL 25 days left before the project ends!

I've already pledged $13 bucks since that is a freaking STEAL for a physical copy of the book because I have pledged on other projects such as video games and sometimes the project creator will add a book filled with art designs, concepts, etc all that jazz but the cost of the book is sometimes between 50-100 bucks!

Sorry for the long post folks! As you can see I am a bit excited about this because Blade Runner is still one of my favorite movies of all time, hands down!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Blade Runner Zine Book! (Check this out book/artist lovers!)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
Kudos for sharing this  and welcome to the forum Tetris911 :)

The forum is not quite dead but on the other hand it's not that active either but it can turn around with people like you posting interesting things like you just did.

The artwork looks great and when the paycheck drops in (2 days to go) I'll support this crowdfunded event (Good to see that it's in the green zone now thou). Spreading the word is what makes these things happen and I'd recommend you to visit propsummit.com (The best BR forum if you ask me) and see if this information is up there (Andy7 here on the forum is active there, sadly propsummit has been down alot lately but I guess that he might have posted something about this project there.. If not, feel free to let them know about this)

Im chipping in in two days and I love to see the finished result

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:55:49 am by ingels »
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline tetris911

• Skin-job
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:22:13 pm »
Kudos for sharing this  and welcome to the forum Tetris911 :)

The forum is not quite dead but on the other hand it's not that active either but it can turn around with people like you posting interesting things like you just did.

The artwork looks great and when the paycheck drops in (2 days to go) I'll support this crowdfunded event (Good to see that it's in the green zone now thou). Spreading the word is what makes these things happen and I'd recommend you to visit propsummit.com (The best BR forum if you ask me) and see if this information is up there (Andy7 here on the forum is active there, sadly propsummit has been down alot lately but I guess that he might have posted something about this project there.. If not, feel free to let them know about this)

Im chipping in in two days and I love to see the finished result
Yeah the artwork looks insanely good!

looks like there is a few updates from the project and so far, so good!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameso/skinjobs-a-blade-runner-zine/posts/673763
Hi everyone! All the artists are blown away by the support you've shown for our project, and we are very grateful. For logistical reasons, the project has to transform to accomodate all our new friends. Check out the new rewards levels for our 2ND EDITION and the information I've added to the description:

UPDATE: 2ND EDITION. The support so far has been incredible. Due to the wonderful and unanticipated explosion of backers, the original risograph edition of the zine ($13 reward level) is permanently sold out. However, we're producing an unlimited 2ND EDITION with a few differences. These will be printed digitally, so the images will be sharper, but lack the cool print quality of risography. The paper will be of equal thickness, but it won't be from French Paper Co. Everything else stays the same! Thanks so much for your continued support.

If you have any pals who were frustrated by the $13 pledge level selling out, do us a favor and let them know their new option!

In addition, more rewards and stretch goals are in the works, as well as some stretch goals that would have already been fulfilled if I had announced them... did I mention we are blown away? Thanks for your patience!

- James

ALSO, it looks like they just linked some more previews of it! warning though they can be considered spoilers!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jameso/skinjobs-a-blade-runner-zine/posts/676859
Hey everyone,

First of all, huge thanks to those who helped promote our project. We were recently featured on io9's roundup of cool Kickstarters! http://io9.com/crowdfund-a-preview-location-for-a-museum-of-science-fi-1470544028

The contributors have set up a webstore on Society6 to sell prints of our artwork! Society6 is a print-on-demand service that manages every part of the order, from giclée printing to shipping. We decided this was our only feasible option for providing prints, because we want every contributor to have a chance to sell their art as prints, not just a select few.

I have to emphasize that this is a separate operation, and the money earned from the Society6 store will not go toward this fundraiser. However, 100% of the profit for each piece goes straight to its respective artist! Pretty cool! It's common practice for the contributors to anthology zines to not be paid - they do it out of love for the subject, or for the fun of creating their own illustration challenges. Plus it's hard to pay that many people anywhere near a fair amount! That's why we're privileged to be able to offer our artists a chance to earn something extra for themselves.

WARNING: SPOILERS :)
Check out our print store, where you can see most of the art from the zine!
http://society6.com/Skinjobs/prints

Cheers guys, there's more to come!
- James

seriously i can't wait for this since I love anything blade runner but this is just something unique and cool. I hope this zine thing takes off and more artists looks at this kind of stuff, hopefully watch the movie if they haven't yet and possibly get inspired to do some cool blade runner stuff cause the world needs more blade runner.

which pledge did you end up getting? Luckily I was able to get the $13 reward before it was sold out, woot!

Offline softmachine

• Skin-job
    • Burnt Diaries
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:37:15 pm »
wish i'd known about this forum earlier and i could've caught this amazing-looking book! :)

Offline panistefanin

• Skin-job
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:44 am »
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
cvs corporate office

Offline Hyposso

• Skin-job
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 09:38:56 pm »
Great topic, thanks for iformation!

Offline lukenlow

• Skin-job
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 04:11:47 pm »
I like this post, you can immediately see a knowledgeable person and with whom it will be interesting to talk to

192.168.l.l

Offline panistefanin

• Skin-job
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 10:49:30 am »
Thanks for the useful information! You helped me with advice!

192.168.l.l