Username: Password:

Author Topic: Blade Runner: Directors Cut (The new & remastered version)  (Read 4216 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Blade Runner: Directors Cut (The new & remastered version)
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:56:46 pm »
I think it's quite sad (and suprising) that it only will be a single disc with no extras. The only difference might be the package besides the "brand new anamorphic widescreen film transfer" as The Digital Bits reported.

Im not going to buy it, maybe I could think about buying it if it had decent sound..

What do you think, are you gonna buy it ??
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline rocketpack

• Skin-job
Re: Blade Runner: Directors Cut (The new & remastered version)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:38:03 pm »
If I were you I would wait for the special edition that will probably come out in September or October.  I'm sure theyl'll have the Blue Rays and HD discs of it by then too. 
Now as to the subject of Deckard being a replicant: 1) If Deckard was a replicant created especially to retire other replicants he would have been as strong and fast as they were...instead he appears very limited and quite human. 2) When Gaff leaves the origami unicorn; it was after his decision to let Rachel live...he made it for her.  She was a mythical creature and wasn't real...he thought she had a short life span as well and that she would be dead soon...so basically he was saying to Deckard: "You're in love with a dream buddy."

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Blade Runner: Directors Cut (The new & remastered version)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:46:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum Rocketpack !!

I will buy the upcomming multidisc release.. trust me, I've been waiting since the first rumours started to float around the internet so  nothing could ever stop me.. The question is if Im gonna buy the DVD and the BlueRay package, I bought "The Directors Cut" (The first release and one of the earliest Warner Bros. releases on DVD) before I had a DVD player and I guess that Blade Runner could get me to jump to the next generation technologie early on..
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se