Username: Password:

Author Topic: What to do or not to do when it comes to High Def.  (Read 4142 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
What to do or not to do when it comes to High Def.
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:47:50 am »
After have read more then enough forum threads about what to do when it comes to choosing the right format in the High Def. platform I think I found the solution (atleast for me). If anyone has any ideas (or answers for that matter) please post them here..

Im about to get a new TV and Im pretty sure that I will end up with a 42" Panasonic Plasma (TH-42PV70 I guess) and then I'll get a new DVD from Oppo (DV981HD with HDMI or the slightly cheaper (almost 1000:- Swedish bucks) DV-971H with DVI) which plays all my DVD's and can convert or upscale the picture.

The reason to this is the HD format war which I wont take any side in since there are two sides and Microsoft which is on the HD-DVD side is an big company that will do anything to win the war. Personally I think that Blue-ray might win and on the paper IS the better format. So, Im confused and I've decided to wait to see IF there will be a winner in the HD war.

For now, Im going with a regular DVD which can upscale the picture to HD quality (with the correct hardware which does a good job).

Anyone with other ideas ??
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: What to do or not to do when it comes to High Def.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:24:43 am »
Well..

I'll buy a HD DVD player since the difference pricewise is mearly 600SKR which dollarwise is about $93. I'll get a Toshiba HD DVD which then also makes a great job pushing DVD's up to HD quality (1080i)

So, if BluRay wins the fight I've only lost $93 which I can live with..
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline gertac

• Skin-job
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:31 pm »
Hmm... i must check it. I will write my opinion soon

Offline panistefanin

• Skin-job
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 10:54:14 am »
Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)

192.168.l.l