Username: Password:

Author Topic: Seen any good movies recently ??  (Read 13108 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Seen any good movies recently ??
« on: October 13, 2005, 12:54:45 am »
Rediscovered "Ed Wood" which must be one of the best movies ever, I also saw "Napoleon Dynamite" not so long ago which was very good (I guess that you either like it or hate it).

I rentet "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" (Bill Murray) yesterday and it was the biggest pile of crap I've seen in a loooong time  :-\
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline Jaxx

• Skin-job
Re: Seen any good movies recently ??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:34:39 pm »
Hi
My name is Jaxx I'm a new member,so hi to all the members here.
I recently saw Imposter,which is also based on a Phillip K Dick story
exellent movie I really enjoyed it and it has a great ending.The baddies
in the film are also reffered to as Replicants.

Jaxx

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:52:30 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Jaxx !!

As of now there is three registered members here and we'll hopefully become a bigger group as time goes by (Tell your fellow BR fans about the forum)

I'll have to look up the imposter movie (I've even never heard the title), why do all the bad guys have to be replicants ???
There's a  trailer out for another P.K.D story too "A Scanner Darkely" which looks quite good, Keanu Reeves is in it among others..

http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/a_scanner_darkly.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 08:04:56 pm by ingels »

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
    • www.outlawzairbrush.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 04:54:09 pm »
Funny...many people did not like "The Life Aquatic"??
and yet I thought it was moving, touching, funny and a good time waster (as movies should be).
I was actually very impressed with this film.
And I thought the all David Bowie soundtrack was fantastic (especially the on screen guitarist)!

Anyway, we all have the right to our own opinions and ideas.

I saw "The Jacket" with Adrien Brody...a little disturbing in places but very interesting and different. If you'd like "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest mixed with The Shining", I think you might like this one.

Also saw "The Transporter" ...started to think this was just another long drawn out fighting film at one point, but then someone spilled the engine oil...you'll have to watch the film to figure out what I am talking about.  Am now very interested in seeing Transporter 2.

To wrap up my ramblings...I watched (for the 6th time)  "Ronin" with Bobby DeNiro...possibly the best action, thriller, mystery, cops and robbers,whatever kind of film!!!  Why has no one felt the urge to bring DeNiro and Jean Reno back together??? Why has there not been a sequel?? When you look at all the crap they make sequels for!!

Okay, okay...thats it for me...I'm going to watch Scooby Doo now.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 04:57:07 pm by airdave »
Don't Panic!

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 03:30:29 am »
I watched Commando starring Arnold Swarzenegger today, and throughly enjoyed it, it certainly brought back memories.
I also watched Anchorman, starring Will Ferrel, it was quite funny but not as funny as i thought it would have been.

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 04:06:25 am »
I found "Ed Wood" for 59:- (SEK) at the local supermarket and I might give it it "Best thing bought" in 2005.. I love that movie and Plan 9 From Outer Space is so bad it's great.. in a good way I mean  :smitten:

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 10:29:56 pm »
This could very well be one of the absolute best movies ever made, just watched it (again) and what do ya know, Im sitting here posting this listening to Nina Simone singing "I got it bad and that ain't good" and having a "White Russian"...

The Big Lebowski, one of my personal favorites. Dude what a movie  :D

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
Watched The Wicker Man last night, good movie great ending 7/10

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 05:47:17 pm »
V for Vendetta was awsome
Nacho Libre is very funny...

Both are highly recommended !!

Offline PaulKersey

• Skin-job
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 12:15:15 am »
Brazil and Heat. But also some classic low-budget gore/trash movies like Tromas Classic The Toxic Avenger and Frank Henenlotters masterpiece Basket Case.

Want to see the new Teenage mutant ninja turtles flick. Been a turtle fan since i first saw the Teenage mutant ninja turtles movie back in the early 90s.
A .475 Wildey magnum is a shorter version of the African big game cartridge, it makes a real mess

Offline Deckard

• Skin-job
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:56 pm »
If you have not seen "NEXT" with Nicholas Cage, it is really well done, and also from a P.K. Dick novel called "The Golden Man".

Aside from BR-esque movies, I saw "The Kingdom" with Jamie Fox and Jennifer Garner over the weekend...very nicely done and well made.
Deckard

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper.  That was my profession: ex-cop, ex-BladeRunner, ex-killer."

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 06:32:40 pm »
If you have not seen "NEXT" with Nicholas Cage, it is really well done, and also from a P.K. Dick novel called "The Golden Man".

I saw it at a beach restaurant in Koh Tao, Thailand of all places and I liked it.. I kinda got a PKD vibe and I told my friend that I thought that it could be one of his stories, we finished dinner and had some beer and waite for the credits and I was right (I think I celebrated the whole thing with more beer)

I'll try and get ahold of it again on DVD, both since it's an okey movie and brings back memories ::)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:31:50 am by ingels »

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 10:14:57 pm »
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well, it's an Indiana Jones movie, an adventure (sadly, the worst of them so far) and it borders to this movie [spoiler]since it ends up with the whole Jones family heading out for adventure[/spoiler]. It's set in the 50's so it's a new era for us to view Indy in. [spoiler]I really liked the atomic bomb stuff thou. That and the whole new enemy of the communists really made it seem to be in the era it took place in[/spoiler]

Shia LeBeouf as Mutt Williams was one of the few positive things to appear. Marion Ravenwood seems older than Indy and even thou I would like to see more of Indy I have a hard time thinking that Harrison will take on the whip and the hat once more

[spoiler]On the other hand, I think that his son will go in his fathers footsteps[/spoiler]

So, what's my verdict on the latest Indiana Jones movie, A strong two whips with the whip (or three, not sure).. I want to see it again but at the first glance, it's not as good as the earlier three movies
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 10:40:07 pm by ingels »

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 02:02:45 am »
Blade Runner, The Final Cut.
Sorry, but... this movie is in my PC in ripped HD DVD format... I use it almost everyday to take snapshots to aid in the prop identification task, and to make some illustrations from my coming project about props in a book format.
I love to watch this movie again and again... I ever discover some I don't see before... A detail, a dress, a movement.... Recently, I've seen one of static dolls MOVING!!!! It's a rarity in my memories about BR....

Yes, I watched it so many times I cannot count.... and EVERYDAY I hear it and soundtrack also in my MP3 car radio. My daily trips are 2 to 3 hours or road.... then, I use this time to reload all the sountracks versions I have (orgiinal one, 25th anniversary, Gongo, Offworld, Esper.... ) plus Director's Cut and Final Cut audio ripped... Its very very interesting to EAR the movie... some details are obscure, and only "visible" when you ear, but don't see the movie. Try it...

Well, I'm a movie watcher too. Not only BR, of course. Last one impressed me was "El Orfanato" (I don't know the English translation of this Spanish title). A thriller with excellent end.
"Open Range" with Kostner and Duvall was a nice backflash of Western movies. Well done. And happy end too.

Stop for now... :D

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 12:44:47 am »
Let the right one in, a swedish drama/thriller about friendship, vampires and Sweden in the 70's (it might sound weird but it is really good)

Recommended by yours truly and a lot of others