Username: Password:

Author Topic: The European 5 disc ultimate collectors edition briefcase  (Read 4157 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
The European 5 disc ultimate collectors edition briefcase
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:03 am »
I managed to get my Brother to buy me a R2 (European) set of the 5-Disc Ultimate Collecors Edition from Spain. I bought one from Amazon.com earlier (I sold that one now).

Here's the tricky part, I can't find any sticker with any serial number on the european briefcase ??

Im pretty sure I've looked everywhere and at all the obvious places, the american release has the sticker at the bottom of the briefcase while the european release seems to have none (atleast the one I have)

Anyone else here with the EU version of the briefcase ?
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
Re: The European 5 disc ultimate collectors edition briefcase
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:54 pm »
European, in general, I don't know.

I have several Final Cut editions, and can state which ones DON'T have any serial numner:

Briefcases from Spain.
Tin boxes from Spain, Israel, German.
Coffin (cardboard coffrets) from France.
Briefcases from Japan (a very expensive ones!).

I think only briefcases from US have a serial number.

If you need some additional details, I have ALL the editions published in the US and Spain, and some from German, France, Israel, China, Japan and Corea.

I do not want to seem pretentious, but I have all these editions like extreme collector.

Still looking for Italian boxes (tin or briefcase), German briefcase and some other curious ones. I don't know if a Russian version exists...

;-)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:09:48 pm »

I have several Final Cut editions, and can state which ones DON'T have any serial numner:

Briefcases from Spain.

Im pretty darn sure that the US (Reg 1) briefcase is the only ones that was "limited" and numbered BUT finding the european briefcase is much harder and I think released in less numbers, still those are not limited.. There's alot of stuff  that I dont understand.

Question, the Swedish translation was awful and had a number of errors in them, how are the other translated subtitles like the spanish one ??
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:27 pm »

Briefcases from Spain.

Im pretty darn sure that the US (Reg 1) briefcase is the only ones that was "limited" and numbered BUT finding the european briefcase is much harder and I think released in less numbers, still those are not limited.. There's alot of stuff  that I dont understand.

Question, the Swedish translation was awful and had a number of errors in them, how are the other translated subtitles like the spanish one ??

Talking about runs, Spanish briefcase was limited to 15 or 20.000 units, I don't remember exactly. US was 125.000 run or so...

You are right. Spanish translation of FC is better than previous, but still have some errors. Seems more a "latino" made translation than a real Spanish one. Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but this practice is too much common in Spanish translations... I know the are differences between Spain and other countries spanish-talking, but seems like producers and film makers are NOT ware of this point. Then, final product is not so good for all.

Offline elmaasheley147

• Skin-job
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:41:24 am »
I recommend you to also search on Groupon coupons I hope you will find here at very cheap rate because my brother is also using this site for ordering anything.