Username: Password:

Author Topic: The "Criterion Laserdisc" DVD  (Read 4247 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
The "Criterion Laserdisc" DVD
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:27:10 am »
I guess (or rather I hope) that you have downloaded it, I actually prefer the original 82 version with the voice over (very much so just becouse the voice over, it gives the movie a whole other feeling, a kind of feeling I like..)

The Tyrell death scene seems to be a whole lot longer and sure, it's more blood but that's not the point. We get to see another not so gentle side of the replicants (and Roy Batty) that we never got to see in other versions, sure.. We get to see Leon shoot Holden but that's quick and nothing I think much of (It's more his stupidity that makes him do this I think).

I love this new (and improved.. very much so) version, one of the biggest reasons to this is that the only DVD we have today is the Directors Cut..

When will Perenchio understand that we deserve a better cut and that Blade Runner as the masterpiece movie it is deseves the awaited Collectors/Anniversery (sigh) edition.

I'll get to the point, what do You think of it ?..
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline Jaxx

• Skin-job
Re: The "Criterion Laserdisc" DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:38:03 pm »
Personally I dont think we need another cut,the Directors cut
for me is the best one.(dont think deckard's a replicant though)

Jaxx

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: The "Criterion Laserdisc" DVD
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:59:36 pm »
Well, this is the old version (whee bit more violence when Batty finishes off Eldon Tyrell) with the voice over. The reason why I love this version is that first of all it's the older '82 version with the voice-over (I liked it.. don't go  :knuppel2: on me) AND since it's source is the Criterion Laserdisc it has atleast the same picture quality (if not better) then the official (and now removed) "Directors Cut" DVD which is a sorry excuse of what the DVD format is capable of, soundwise they both have a 2.0 Dolby Digital track..

Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se