Username: Password:

Author Topic: Old version? New version?  (Read 7354 times)

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
    • www.outlawzairbrush.com
Old version? New version?
« on: November 28, 2005, 04:23:22 pm »
So what is all the fighting over old version / new version? We all know (except for Ridley Scott) that the old version is the best!!

Seriously, most of us fell in love with this movie when we saw the theatrical release. Thats what stuck in everybody's head for so many years and to criticize it now is ridiculous.  The fact that Ridley Scott did not like the theatrical release is very interesting. The fact that he got the opportunity to alter the film (to his original design) and release it to the public, is fantastic. Fans have at least 2 versions of this amazing film and that just adds to the pleasure...but to put down or ignore the original theatrical film that started the interest is completely unfair.

Long live that crappy Harrison Ford voice over!!.....
and no, Deckard is NOT a replicant!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:31:38 pm by airdave »
Don't Panic!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Old version? New version?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 11:36:52 pm »
So what is all the fighting over old version / new version? We all know (except for Ridley Scott) that the old version is the best!!

[Cut]

to put down or ignore the original theatrical film that started the interest is completely unfair.

Long live that crappy Harrison Ford voice over!!.....
and no, Deckard is NOT a replicant!!

You're right on target. Im not sure if the reason to why the original '82 cut is my favorite, it might be that it's the first version I saw (I fell asleep the first time I saw it, woke up and hated it. I rented it again much later, managed to stay awake and fell in love). The voiceover has alot to do with it since it gives the film another feeling, it's more "noir"

I can live without the happy ending since the scenery doesnt fit into the rest of the "Blade Runner universe" we get to see in the movie, it looks to nice to be a belivable thing when you have seen what Los Angeles looks like

Deckard could be a replicant when you see the "Directors Cut" (Heck, it's hard not to belive he is one in that version)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:32:22 am by ingels »
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:10:54 am »
I definitely liked the first version the best, even with the voice over, the lack of the unicorn scene and the 'tacked on' ending i thought the original was more informative and easier to follow.

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 03:45:58 am »
To me the voice-over has alot to do with it, it gives the movie another feeling and rythm... and sure, a happy ending is always a happy ending but really, is it always that good and that happy ?  :police:
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline Recal-citrant

• Skin-job
  • Bladerunner Blue`s...call me Recal if you wish!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:07:03 pm »
Not only that but Ridley likes to play around with our minds, right back from the original idea from Dick, and within the complete framework of Bladerunner including the very recent DVD sets.
Lets not forget, once you have something enigmatic within certainly this genre, the creative forces behind it can also play tricks with you, I wouldn`t take anything at face value from Ridley Scott or any other! Recal-citrant.
A Recal-citrant from birth...
A muse in the machine
Connecting to the plight of replicants...
Dystopian visions within mine
And Roy Batty`s rain drenched
Tears of saving grace...
Surviving in Los Angeles 2019
With dreams in off-world
And all it`s colonies
Near the Tannhauser Gate

Offline Tvfan

• Skin-job
    • Barre de son
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 09:46:28 am »