Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bladerunner dreams!  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Recal-citrant

• Skin-job
  • Bladerunner Blue`s...call me Recal if you wish!
Bladerunner dreams!
« on: October 13, 2008, 05:58:31 pm »
A new replicant aboard...Recal-citrant...but you call me Recal, still getting those Bladerunner blue`s after all those years ago, was it back in 1982. Yes, I think it was, as a newcomer I`m only just finding my way around, but I thought I would introduce myself.
Greetings to all, you will be hearing from me probably quite often.
Recal-citrant.
A Recal-citrant from birth...
A muse in the machine
Connecting to the plight of replicants...
Dystopian visions within mine
And Roy Batty`s rain drenched
Tears of saving grace...
Surviving in Los Angeles 2019
With dreams in off-world
And all it`s colonies
Near the Tannhauser Gate

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
Re: Bladerunner dreams!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:40 pm »
A new replicant aboard...Recal-citrant...but you call me Recal, still getting those Bladerunner blue`s after all those years ago, was it back in 1982. Yes, I think it was, as a newcomer I`m only just finding my way around, but I thought I would introduce myself.
Recal-citrant.

Welcome !!! Then, you are a Total Recal! :D:D

We will observe you pal... Are your eyes glowing in the darK???  :buck2:

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:59:34 pm »
Recal-citrant.

Welcome aboard Recal !!

I hope you'll enjoy the site and this forum, I moved your first post to the presentation area. Nice to see one whom was there when the magic started back in 1982, you got to tell us which version you prefer of BR (Voice-Over, Directors Cut (Im not sure if we still need that one) or Final Cut) ?

And oh, the classical question.. Is he or isnt he a rep ?  :coolsmiley:
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline Recal-citrant

• Skin-job
  • Bladerunner Blue`s...call me Recal if you wish!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 02:44:32 pm »
Hi all Bladerunners, well back in 1982 upon watching it on the big screen with a few of my friends, had really an unusal reaction from myself, I`ll explain...at the time I was twenty years old, and often weaned on the pure escapism in the science fiction scenario.
Star Wars springs to mind with a cast of many, don`t get me wrong I love the stuff, but Bladerunner left me perplexed, my intial comments after viewing the film were mixed!
Basically at that time I reallly didn`t understand it, odd really because I really love dystopian science fiction, suffice, Soylent Green, The Omega Man, Silent Running. This is the stuff along with many I grew up with, Bladerunner was very different...the visuals hit me like ton of bricks! The Vangelis soundtrack was spellbinding, but I couldn`t quite grasp the underlying feelings throughout the film!
Time passed with the introduction of the video age etc, purchased the original voice over video, it wasn`t that long after it`s cinema release here in the UK.
This time along with maturity I was hooked, is it my favourite sci-fi film from all of them...you bet, however I`m yet to pick up the recent DVD releases. The original I take over the directors cut, which comes to the crux of them all...Deckard, I never really though of Deckard as a replicant. In fact I still have my doubts to this very day...who doesen`t!
The directors cut explains it all...maybe to some, but I believe it still doesen`t, the point is as someone has pointed out, this is the where the whole scenario lies with it`s multi-faceted premise.
Deliberate or not, believing Deckard is a replicant is often taking away the mystique that surrounds this epic, is he or isn`t he? Well I think it makes no difference depending if you want a straight answer or not.
This where the strengh of the film lies...there is no real conclusion, it`s left for us to interpret the questions and with analysis, there never really is a conclusion to the final answer.
It`s all hypotheticals...and it will remain this way, Rutger Hauer`s performance is the steal of the show, his very presence of his character supresses Harrison Ford. The supporting cast is second to none, as a visionary Dick is spot on.
With all credit to Ridley etc, ultimately this is the direction we all heading in, however from this beautiful genre we can always learn from our mistakes before they happen?
But history repeates itself doesen`t it!!! We will never learn and repeat our mistakes forever in time, a pessimistic call, but the sad truth at the end of the day. There is so much involved in Bladerunner, it will take more than many a lifetime to dechiper, inncessant thoughts, expressions and emotions that play with us till the end of time.
I can only think of one other similar scenario which is on the scale of Bladerunner, be it a television show...The Prisoner, okay The Prisoner is my vehicle. But Bladerunner is right behind many of my brain cells.
With time permitting, ie, family commitments etc, I`ll try to get a consistant airing here on these brilliant Bladerunner boards...but my plight is always with Roy! Best wishes, Recal-citrant.
A Recal-citrant from birth...
A muse in the machine
Connecting to the plight of replicants...
Dystopian visions within mine
And Roy Batty`s rain drenched
Tears of saving grace...
Surviving in Los Angeles 2019
With dreams in off-world
And all it`s colonies
Near the Tannhauser Gate

Offline lowik11

• Skin-job
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:44:36 am »

That was really helpful for me. Thanks