Username: Password:

Author Topic: Deckard...replicant?? what the....unh??!!  (Read 5482 times)

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
    • www.outlawzairbrush.com
Deckard...replicant?? what the....unh??!!
« on: November 28, 2005, 04:39:14 pm »
Wow I'm on a posting frenzy! Just signed up for this forum and can't stop typing!!....

Deckard...a replicant...you have got to be kidding.
When I first heard this idea, I searched everywhere for more info. I couldn't believe this silly notion and yet I found more and more information supporting this theory...right up to Scott himself,† saying Deckard is a replicant.

What a crock!

I remember in a galaxy far, far away...a little movie called Star Wars was created.† Great little film. Ahead of its time. Became a real hit. Made lots o money!† So the creator decides to make a couple of sequels..and then claims he had always intended a trilogy.† Are we that naive? Do we have to be lied to like that? Can't you just admit that you made one film, and it was hit, so you wanted to make another?
Wait!!.....the three little space movies were such a big hit, the director then informs us that this trilogy is actually one third of a nine part series!! and that it was always intended to be a 9 part saga and that he will continue to deliver.
"and we are so dumb, there lining up at our door" [quote Frank Zappa]
but then Mr. Lucas doesn't have the time or interest to complete his epic saga...and after making 6 episodes† he announces to the world that his project is complete! His epic tale has come full circle! He has finished the Star Wars 6 part series!

So, I guess my point is...sometimes ideas change...sometimes things turn out a little different than planned...sometimes the public's influence can be overwhelming...sometimes there are just silly and ridiculous ideas ...ideas created solely for entertainment purposes...we don't need silly lies or half truths to make people look smarter or more imaginative.
Fans came up with the concept of Deckard being a replicant (not Scott)...and John, George and Ringo never said Paul was dead.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:30:55 pm by airdave »
Don't Panic!

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
Re: Deckard...replicant?? what the....unh??!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 03:16:21 am »
Definitely cant argue with that! O0

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:49:54 am »
I would love to hear youre opinion on this.. If you take all the clues in the Dir. Cut (The Unicorn thingy), Gaff knows someting and want's that Deckard knows it, it might not be a gentle way of letting him know, even if he knows.. Gaff

Deckard might (must ?) be a Replicant according to Sir Scott in The Dirctors Cut.

Another question is: How much of Scott's version is the Directios Cut.. Suck on that one  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 02:28:50 am by ingels »
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 06:23:45 am »
I must apologize...I am not sure what your question or statement is.
I'm may not be the sharpest brick in the castle...but since I have a couple of beers in me, I'll ramble on some more! LOL

I didn't see any "clues" to the Replicant idea. And the Directors cut is basically the same film, so that really didn't change anything for me.† I still believe it is easy to mutate the story into other ideas after the fact. I think the unicorn dream may have been some sort of statement on Deckard's mind, his desire to find something unreal or unattainable(?), and it was so completely over everyone's head (and irrelevant to the story) that it was dropped.† The Gaff unicorn was just a convenient coincedance. The main idea in that scene was just Gaff letting deckard know that he had been there and that he also valued the chance at something better.

Director's cut...again unsure of your question (sorry)...but I assume that a "Director's Cut" means the original Director has had the chance to re-release the film in his original intended format -or- has been given a second chance to re-edit the film. Either way, I still (personally) judge the film on it's original release merits unless you can show me (in "plain english") missing components that add a completely different perspective.† In this case, I have found nothing that changes my view on the "Deckard-replicant" scenario.

If you are suggesting that Ridley Scott had nothing to do with the Director's Cut release(?)...I do not know!...maybe he was paid enough money to agree it?

Don't get me wrong...I am amazed and thrilled with just about every movie by Ridley Scott.† And I don't care how he makes his money.
Whatever the "hidden meaning" I think his films are incredible!

and by the way...Ripley's cat was really a replicant Alien. (Its true! I heard it on Oprah!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 06:26:16 am by airdave »
Don't Panic!

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
UPDATE! UPDATE! Re: Deckard...replicant??
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 04:09:30 pm »
Just reading through Brendan Fankboner's original workprint companion...which details the original workprint of the film.

It allows other glimpses into the original story and ideas for Blade Runner.  Here is a quote:
"Bryant, in the briefing room, informs Deckard that TWO replicants got fried running through the Tyrell Corp.ís electrical field. This not only accounts for the "mystery replicant" (for those who REALLY paid attention), but also nullifies the possibility that Deckard (a replicant?) was one of the six."

I believe "suck on that one" was the phrase.

Happy New Year!
Don't Panic!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 02:38:15 am »
The unicorn origami that Gaff leaves behind when he was at Deckard's apartment, Deckard dream of a unicorn. To me it proves that Gaff knows what Deckard's made off, that Deckard is a replicant. But hey, that's if you watch the Dir. Cut, if you take the whole Deck-A-Rep question and ask it when you see the 82 version the answer might be something else.

From what I understand, The Dir. Cut that's the last edition of Blade Runner isnt suppose to be Scott's version of the movie at all and that there was a short amount of time and he wanted to do more changes to it before he was pleased with the end result but had no time to do so. I belive that the new upcomming SE DVD (If it will ever be released) will contain Sir Scott's final edit of the film, I myself like the original '82 version more then I like the Dir. Cut, I miss the voice-over and the feeling it gives to the movie.

Im happy as long as I get a disc with better quality, 5.1 DTS or DD sound and a truckload of extras :D
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 02:54:21 pm »
I was always led to believe that Deckard was a replicant, in certain scenes his 'glowing' eyes are clearly visible, a tell tale sign of a replicant, another clue is in the photos at the piano Rachael plays at Deckards apartment, they are all old b/w images in 2019, surely there should be some colour pics there? This leads me to believe that the photos dont contain family images but to him but trigger certain implanted memories, the same as rachael with the spiders web story.
However i am still a bit confused about the whole idea :-\

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
Glowing Eyes....
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 03:23:31 pm »
Yes...them glowing eyes. They give you away everytime the lights go down.

Except I thought SG1 had pretty well gotten rid of the Goa'uld by that time?!?
Don't Panic!

Offline panistefanin

• Skin-job
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 09:05:04 am »
Excellent post. Thank you very much!!
cvs corporate office