Username: Password:

Author Topic: Autographed BR Collectables  (Read 8488 times)

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
    • www.outlawzairbrush.com
Autographed BR Collectables
« on: November 28, 2005, 05:03:26 pm »
I am a small time collector of autographs and a BR fan...so I have a couple of Harrison Ford signed items.
(I will post pics if people are interested)
But I was wondering if others have any interesting autographed items from Blade Runner.

My Blade Runner collection includes:
Harrison Ford autographed Studio Still (b/w action scene from the movie).
Harrison Ford autographed VHS copy of The Directors Cut.
Don't Panic!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Autographed BR Collectables
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 07:17:08 pm »
It would be cool to see the stuff you have, post post post :laugh:

I have a picture and a copy of the script, both signed by Rutger Hauer
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:04 pm »
Autographs:

I will post all my collection in the "new" Collectors Corner!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:56:56 pm by airdave »
Don't Panic!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 10:21:46 pm »
The gallery is located at tyrell-corporation.pp.se/gallery (Works well from within the site and outside). I do however only have one account which is for my own personal use, I guess I could add a guest-account or something but I'd rather get the pictures by mail and and I'll add them in a new album with collectibles (in a nested album with the owners name).

So, if it's no problems with you, drop them in a mail and send them to me at ingels@ingels.se or webmaster@tyrell-corporation.pp.se and I'll see that they'll be added in the gallery

The links/url problem that goes missing is however something I've never heard about before, is all the links in the forumposts missing. You can easily add a hyperlink by clicking on the button when you add a post to the forum.

I'll add a written url here just to see what it will do (I guess nothing but atleast it oughta be visable by everyone).. http://www.ingels.se (In the preview it turns out exactly the same as when you click the button
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:34:34 pm by ingels »

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:10 pm »
I have a book and pic signed by Rutger Hauer. Well, I bought thru its Foundation. I hope they are authentic ones.

Here you have a pair of pics.

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:31:52 am »
hey, I was lookin' at that Rutger stuff on eBay...I shoulda bought it!

I would love one nice autographed pic of Roy for my collection.

anyway...I finally posted those pics of my BR stuff.
(didn't show the theatre poster...everyone knows what that looks like!)

what is my '82 folded one sheet worth? any ideas?...I'm thinking of putting it up on eBay. (no room for it anymore)
Don't Panic!

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:00:10 am »
I've seen prices you will not believe.... :D
These items are price varying. From $0.99 they can rise to every number you can think about.
Starting with a love price and a good and accurate description is the best.
Autograph authenticated is a must, of course. They are plenty of "signed" items around...
In the case of Harrison Ford and its attitude versus this movie, I'ts hard to believe he signed one item at all... :D

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 02:58:02 pm »
Hey, I'm not stupid....
I wouldn't bet my life on ANY purchased Autograph unless I saw the actor sign it myself!!

...but I always shop for good deals, and got both of these Ford autographs for very good prices...
and I always compare signatures to known authentic autographs, and in this case these are good looking signatures.
And I am happy with the quality and look of the items (even if they turned out to be fakes).

I think I will try to start a new thread and post some of my comparison autographs.
Maybe others will find it useful.

As far as Harrison Ford is concerned, yes, I found a number of references (on the net)
to the fact that Ford signatures are "rare"
and that he "does not sign collectables"...

until I found this...

a news article, with a quote from Ford himself:

Washington (ANI): Harrison Ford insists that he is the best autograph signer in tinsel town, for the only time he ever turns down fans requests for his signature is when he's peeing or indulging in sex. The actor has a huge fan following thanks to his role in two iconic movies Star Wars and Indiana Jones. And, he insists that he doesn't like disappointing fans who ask for his signature.  "I'm as gentle as a lamb. I even give autographs while having lunch," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying. "The only time you shouldn't ask for an autograph is when I'm standing in front of a urinal. Or while I'm having sex" he added.
The actor will now be seen on the big screen in the new Indiana Jones movie 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Lost Skull'.

Don't Panic!

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 03:45:29 pm »
I never said you were stupid. For sure.
Well, you are a lucky man if these autographs are Ok. I'm a little envy! :D

Ford is like a lamb.... until he and Calista were in Barcelona last year or so... But, this is not the point. I understand him. Fan people can be very annoying.

Be happy!
 O0

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15:22 pm »
jfuste: I have a hard time thinking that your autographed items from the starfish association would be anything but legit and signed by Harrison Ford

I have the Blade Runner script & a photo of him as Batty signed, got them at the Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game and Film convention some years ago and everybody could see the guests signing the objects (I even got a photo of me and Rutger)

Im struggling on getting all of the stuff in my Blade Runner collection online, I think I'll either add them to the Blade Runner images or do a special page about it, I got to take some new photos of some of the items first, I suck at taking decent pictures :(

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
Re: Autographed BR Collectables - Charles de Lauzirika
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 05:25:50 pm »
Well my firends. From yesterday, I have two copies of Final Cut signed by Charles de Lauzirika...
I meet him for lunch in Barcelona... :D

Thes is my COA, better than any other, IMHO:

The meeting, later... Charles it's a very kind guy!

Cheers

Offline andy7

• Skin-job
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 08:21:34 am »
I Have several Items from the Starfish Foundation signed by Rutger Hauer. I feel the money sent to the Charity was what made it worth it, and I would not doubt it.

I also got quite a few things signed by Syd Mead in person. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at the time because I was running late and having severe car and parking problems (car would no longer go in reverse :)).

I also bought a Tyrell Corp T-shirt signed by Joanna Cassidy. I paid a price for it that if it wasn't real, it was worth it for the shirt alone.

Many of the signed items on ebay are easy to tell they are a fake. Things to look out for are things that have multiple signatures. It is very rare to get all the actors together for a signing. so if they are all in the same pen, and If all the signatures are the same or similar size they are surely a fake. Add on the fact that Harrison ford does not make appearances for Blade Runner, his signature in the same pen as the others will make sure it is fake. I have also seen all the signature following the same angle on scripts and such...Really?...C'mon now!

The only good way to tell a fake is to look at it close up and compare it to known examples. Fakes will look traced as well and have hesitations in the middle of lines and swoops. A real signature will have almost no stops and starts, while a fake will have many. A person that is used to signing their name a lot will also have a simple beauty and rhythm to it. The only real contradiction tho this is Sean Young's signature. They always seem to be fake and uncomfortable for some reason.

Sometimes you can just send a picture with a return address and postage payed envelope to the agency of the actor and they will sign it for free. A polite letter always helps too.

Andy