Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Workprint  (Read 4147 times)

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
The Workprint
« on: December 31, 2005, 03:24:29 am »
I have heard that there was a version of the movie called the 'workprint' which was shown only a couple of times to a preview audience, it is supposed to have countless scenes which were deleted from the original release, can anyone else throw some light on the subject as it were?

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: The Workprint
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 03:44:07 am »
I sure can, I however has only seen the version that sometimes is available online.. It's in Black&White, recorded with a camera in some theater somewhere (It has nt been shown that many times..) and it's IMHO not worth watching, sure.. it has some stuff but the quality sucks and for god's sake.. it's in B/W

So far, it's the DVD-R version of the Criterion DVD that's my choice of Blade Runner, the official DVD has prehaps a whee bit better quality if you ask some people, but Im not sure, I'd go with the Criterion laserdisc DVD-R version anyday !!

Update 28'th of October 2008
The workprint IS included in the 5 disc editions of Blade Runner (AKA Final Cut editions) and it has far better image quality (Digitally Restored) than the bootleg that has been circulating on the internet previously
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:36:30 am by ingels »
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se