Username: Password:

Author Topic: Blade Runner at the cinema  (Read 6833 times)

Offline azziman

• Skin-job
  • Offworld
Blade Runner at the cinema
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:16:15 am »
When Blade Runner was first released at the cinema i was only 7 years old and therefore too young at the time, when the directors cut was released some time later i was plenty old enough but where i live it only played for a week and i did'nt get a chance to see it on the big screen,i would have loved to have seen it as was intended and i was wondering if anyone else has seen either version of the movie on the silver screen and what did you think, was it much better than watching it at home?

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Blade Runner at the cinema
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 01:11:22 am »
I've been lucky enough to catch "The Directors Cut" atleast two times in the city where I live (Which is not that big). The first time in an old theater with a pretty small screen during a festival, some year later it was up again (this time also during a festival) in a more modern cinema with a bigger screen, that time it was fantastic and I must say that when it comes to watching movies then the (screen) size matters.

I also saw the same cut during "The Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game & Toy Convention" in a small cinema called "Focus" in Hagsätra outside Stockholm. The picture quality was horrible and there was no subtitles but I didn't go there just to watch the movie on a big screen, the reason I was there was that Rutger Hauer was the special guest whom did an Q&A and told us some cool stuff from the making of Blade Runner, this was really cool and I guess a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

I asked about two things, first how the making was and I got the answer we usuall get on that question, it was hard and it was some conflicts going on but Ridley Scott truly is a genius when it comes to making movies (Like setting up a scene could take hours and that Sir Scott could take alot of takes just changing the lights or something) and I also (Remember that this was in 2002) asked if he knew anything about the Special Edition but he said that he knew nothing about a Blade Runner "Special Edition".

More about when I meet Rutger can be found if you check the "Meeting Rutger Hauer" in the main menu under Special Features..

In other words, Blade Runner is always a special movie atleast for me, no matter if I see it at home on DVD or in a cinema but it is that kind of movie that deserves a big screen since there's alot of new stuff that you catch every time you watch it
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline dave31

• Skin-job
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:02:19 pm »
I have seen both versions of bladerunner on the silver screen.  They were both very good. I would recommend that people see either version at the movie theatre. Bladerunner is definately a movie worth watching. it will always be a classic.

Offline Alex Cremers

• Skin-job
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 01:03:33 pm »
In 1982-83, I saw BR about 10 times in theaters (when projection was, IMO, far more superior than it is today). Ever since, I've been avoiding watching the film as much as I can.  VHS tapes, laserdiscs and faulty DVDs just don't do the film (which mainly communicates visually) any justice. The next time that I watch Blade Runner it will be on Blu-Ray and a large HD Ready Plasma screen. I'm really looking foward to it.

Offline Big Si

• Skin-job
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:39:22 am »
Just back from seeing The Final Cut on the big screen at the GFT and all I can say is  :o Wow!  :o  O0  :coolsmiley:
"Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder roared around their shores; burning at the fires of Orc."

Offline panistefanin

• Skin-job
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 11:43:39 am »
Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)
walmart headquarters