Username: Password:

Author Topic: Blasters ??  (Read 28889 times)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Blasters ??
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:15 pm »
After finding http://propsummit.com/ and browsing thru ebay's Blade Runner stuff I understand that my feelings of wanting a Blade Runner blaster has reached critical levels.

Anyone here on the forum that owns a Blade Runner Blaster or knows more about them ??

propsummit.com seems to be a great starting place otherwise

Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline andy7

• Skin-job
Re: Blasters ??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03:35 am »
I just thought I would introduce myself and open up any myself for questions. I am one of the Moderators on Propsummit and an owner of a good cross section of the replicas, not to mention I have been researching the history of the replicas and talked to many of their creators. I have my own personal favorites, and I do not feel anyone of them is the 'end all be all'...yet. Each seem to have their pluses and minuses, so I guess it depends on what factors are most important to you such as, Accuracy, Quality, Durability, Functionality and Cost. Other factors to consider are if they are assembled or not.

I am to the point that if an auction of a replica comes up on ebay I can give you a pretty good review, and tell you about any misleading information the seller might be telling (or not telling). Please feel free to ask me any questions. There are a few more qualified than me, but they don't seem to be telling much more than what they already told me :)

Thank you for joining propsummit, and I hope to see you there more often. BTW I plugged your site there just a few days ago.

Andy

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:21 pm »
Link added to propsummit.com on the links page... Recommended to any fan whom want to learn more on Blade Runner props and more

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:46:42 pm »
Link added to propsummit.com on the links page... Recommended to any fan whom want to learn more on Blade Runner props and more

Propsummit is, IMHO, the best site for props fans, and better for only BR fans!! :D

I have three Blasters now. One of pure resine (unfinished, not paint at all). Was my first one. Other of metal parts and resin, movable parts, LED's, etc. It's a M2019 model bought at ebay for circa $200. I say that to "classify" this model. They are a bunch of them.... Third one, two concept blasters from Rick Ross, an ARTIST in uppercase. A "blaster and snub models, in kit format. I must find time to work with them, but I don't have idea how to begin with... Sanding? Painting? Glueing? Wow, too much for me for now... :D

Rick has a high reputation as kit maker.

Other at Propsummit are Richard Coyle, Siderio, Phil Smith and so on. Some troubles between them for reasons that escape of my knowledge. Anyway, they are prop makers and I love its work!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:19 pm »
Propsummit is, IMHO, the best site for props fans, and better for only BR fans!! :D

It sure is, it's also a great way to start if you think about getting a BR prop.. I'll hopefully be an owner of the Off-World Blaster at the end of the month (My first Blaster) and I must say that there are more Blade Runner collectibles then you could imagine. If you dont trust me, check propsummit out

I have three Blasters now. One of pure resine (unfinished, not paint at all). Was my first one. Other of metal parts and resin, movable parts, LED's, etc. It's a M2019 model bought at ebay for circa $200. I say that to "classify" this model. They are a bunch of them.... Third one, two concept blasters from Rick Ross, an ARTIST in uppercase. A "blaster and snub models, in kit format. I must find time to work with them, but I don't have idea how to begin with... Sanding? Painting? Glueing? Wow, too much for me for now... :D

I must ask, is there some kind of dictionary online for all the terms that you'll hear when it comes to collecting blasters (guns) hobby. I have no idea about what "snub" means and I think (or hope) that there could be some place where one could learn about the terms and what's what. When it comes to blasters there's a whole lot of terms atleast I don't really know what they mean

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 01:33:44 am »
I must ask, is there some kind of dictionary online for all the terms that you'll hear when it comes to collecting blasters (guns) hobby. I have no idea about what "snub" means and I think (or hope) that there could be some place where one could learn about the terms and what's what. When it comes to blasters there's a whole lot of terms atleast I don't really know what they mean

Unfortunately, I think there is not a "dictionary" for these terms. Will be very useful, I must agree. Perhaps a glossary of terms could be included in my Fan Book project!!!

Well, a "snub" its a little or shortened version of original Hero Blaster. Its a "backup" model. I think is due to Rick Ross. You can find all the info about Rick works here:
http://www.pflagerkatsumata.com/

A pic, only as reference (I have not permission from Rick, but I think it will be Ok to show it here):

Offline bassnoir

• Skin-job
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 01:48:15 am »
having recently taken possession of an Offworld M2019 "Hero" version...(number 127 of 130 according to Offworld and the stamped number on the butt plate on my Blaster)...which I believe is simply the first version "paint job"....of their product...I did notice a week after purchase a newly painted (looks more like the movie version) Offworld M2019 for sale on E-Bay for 75 bucks LESS than I paid for the "Hero".....live and learn.....to be honest I prefer the look of mine versus the newer version...I understand a lot of people who have the Offworld blaster have taken it apart and repainted it themselves....proving there is no accounting for taste....the good news is that I have just found and purchased a Hartford M2019 (second or third version I believe) and am looking forward to taking possession of it....very anxious to compare the two (Offworld-Hartford)....also discovered on line and purchased a remarkable blaster "holster" that Phil S. assured me would fit most if not all the versions of blasters that are currently available.....NOW I am on a quest to find a "Coyle" blaster....any help in where to look or who to talk to would be appreciated....and if anyone can ballpark me the versions and price/value/cost of "Coyle" blasters I would much appreciate it.....also interested in display options (commercially available)....to all those who have helped me get to this point thank you....Andy...Phil...Tom...you all know who you are.....smiling.....

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:18:24 pm »
In the blasters topic they are a lot of talk, models, and perhaps too many flames too!!!

Well. Here are my own little collection:

The Leon COP 357 gun. Used also in Matrix Reloaded. Persephone scene killing their mates.
They are several versions. I have only the silver one (screen accurate, I think), and black one. The third is a resin block. Weird... but cheap!

The Hero blaster. Deckard one...

The boxes...

Rick Ross variations. First, the snub blaster. A good idea. Unpainted, unassembled.

Rick Ross PKD Katsumata, or their own Hero blaster version. Excellent one too. Unpainted, unassembled.

The Blasters. One resin block, one Offworld, one Hartford:

Resin ones are often cheap, but you must work with them.
Rick Ross ones are excellent. Well done, almost right to fit without sanding at all.
Offworld 2019 RBU Special Issue is half metal, half plastic. Well done, some loose parts, but reasonable price. Circa $200-$250.
Hartford M2019. Heavy as all the metal used. Only plastic in the grips and circuit cartridge. Bullets optional (but very nice!!!!). Not so cheap pals... $600 at least...

The Siderio and Coyle models seems to be better.... (?). Well, VERY EXPENSIVE ones.... yeah.
And the last appeared, the Tomenosuke one, made in Japan (like Hardtford) is the very expensive one for now.... Unassembled, more than $600. Assembled, more than $1000 !!!

Then... auctions... I've seen things you cannot believe... Prices rising till $1500 and more!!!

Holsters... Yeah, Phil's ones are well done and a nice piece, but I think are some pricely... Will wait for now. I don't need a holster to carry this pieces in the street!!! :D

Offline andy7

• Skin-job
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:13 am »
I have started working on a Glossary of Blade Runner Blaster Terms and it is a more work than I thought it would be. I realize it has to be done because many terms are misused, and many terms I think are common will confuse most people. I hope to make it a permanent part of propsummit soon.

Andy

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 04:17:28 pm »
I have started working on a Glossary of Blade Runner Blaster Terms and it is a more work than I thought it would be. I realize it has to be done because many terms are misused, and many terms I think are common will confuse most people. I hope to make it a permanent part of propsummit soon.

Andy

This will be a very useful guide for all of us Andy! Also, a great addition to the Book project! For all means!

Offline andy7

• Skin-job
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 08:53:50 am »
It is time to move past just the timeline, and even though most of the info is in there, I figured something that will be more easily referenced by everybody would be a good Idea. I am also working on a Family Tree/Flow Chart and most importantly an Identification Guide. I only wish I had my old studio and computer equipment and a lot more time to work on it.

Andy

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 02:48:47 am »
Yeah, a really good idea.. There are many blasters out there and one can suspect that there are alot of copies (which then will be copied and so on) and some of the lingo is hard for the new people that might get interested in getting themselves a blaster (maybe a little something about what one should think oif when getting a prop gun, what it is and where and how one can find one, like importing one.. I contacted the Swedish post & customs just to be sure before I got my Off-World blaster).

God knows we must sound like martians to outsiders ;)

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 10:34:05 am »
I think blasters could be a topic for a book itself... :D

But Andy is too busy to do it, I guess!!! Thus... a first approach could be an extended chapter of a more general book... well, not so general, you know... :)

Offline andy7

• Skin-job
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 10:02:24 am »
Yup, other things always seem to get in the way. Usually lack of sleep :)

The Glossary should be up by the end of this coming week though.

Andy

Offline jfuste

• A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 03:41:53 pm »
Yup, other things always seem to get in the way. Usually lack of sleep :)

The Glossary should be up by the end of this coming week though.

Andy

Who said Balde Runner is an obsession? :P

Great news Andy!