Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where has everyone gone?  (Read 5294 times)

Offline airdave

• Skin-job
    • www.outlawzairbrush.com
Where has everyone gone?
« on: November 08, 2008, 04:59:57 pm »
Wow....72 members!!

and Jfuste, Ingels and myself are the only two posters??
LOL

Might I suggest (something you have probably already thought of?)...
I have my own forum for Gamers...(specifically "Pirates of the Craibbean Online" MMO)
and our member participation can be real slow at times (everyone is busy playing the game! lol).

I send out a reminder email, every month or so, to all members...
reminding them to check in, post something, read new posts, join in new contests, etc.
Maybe our BR members need a little reminder now and then.

Just a thought...
Don't Panic!

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: Where has everyone gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:51:27 pm »
Hi Dave !!

Nice to see you here again. It seems like most of the people whom registered here are doing so only so they can spam the forum and I recently changed some of the forum settings so that email addresses and contact info only can be seen by other registered members. I've also started to clean up among the members since many of them register to harvest email addresses and in some instances when you see their registered email addresses it's obvious why they register here.

This forum is about Blade Runner and for the people whom love Blade Runner, others have nothing to get here and I will try to keep it like that, sure.. In the "City Speak" we can post whatever we like are still here since we all love Blade Runner
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:22:55 am »
HI! We are there.... :)

Well, this is not unusual. I see the same in the Mas alla de Oriˇn (Beyond Orion) spanish forum, and many others.
People, simply, is bored, busy, and so on, and don't enter to the forums.

I do the same with some places, like BladeZone or Propsummit, when I'm too busy. They have many many users, and traffic is, sometimes, cumbersome. Then, I take "holidays" for a while and wait for a hot-down... Too many posts is, also, boring!!!

It's difficult to reach the ideal point, I think.

But I agree with Niklas. This is a BR fan site, thus, only when some of us are really interested into read or talk about our hobby, we pop up here and say "Hi Reps! Wassssssuppppp????!!!!"

:-)

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:29:48 pm »
I have closed the registration for now, in two days 28 new members have joined the forum and I guess that they did so only to post spam (One already has, I will delete the post and the account of the one whom posted the spam). When you browse thru each new account and see the email addresses they use or their username its obvious why they are here  :tickedoff:
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline jfuste

• Nexus 6 Replicant (Basic Pleasure Model)
  • A collector
    • My Blade Runner
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:07:05 am »
I have closed the registration for now, in two days 28 new members have joined the forum and I guess that they did so only to post spam (One already has, I will delete the post and the account of the one whom posted the spam). When you browse thru each new account and see the email addresses they use or their username its obvious why they are here  :tickedoff:

This is the worse part of the Net, no doubt. Well, another solution is to setup the forum to open registration, but moderate by administrator. I think this soft could do this trick. Better than close it all, IMHO.

Offline idda27

• Skin-job
    • ╬mprumut pe termen lung
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:18:13 pm »
Thanks your post helped me a lot