Username: Password:

Author Topic: 5-Disc DVD Boxset  (Read 4489 times)

Offline Jarvio

• Skin-job
5-Disc DVD Boxset
« on: March 30, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »
Hi, new guy here.

Always loved Blade Runner and decided to order the 5-disc DVD Boxset of it.

It arrived today. However, even though the box and packaging are all in English, the discs themselves are German. I emailed the seller asking them to send me English discs instead, and they said that they have several copies of this boxset, all purchased in England, that all have these German discs.

The discs themselves work fine and you can select English on them fine. It's just the writing on the discs themselves that is German, so I suppose it is not the end of the world. But I would still much prefer actual english discs.

So from this ramble, my question is, to those who have this boxset, are your discs german as well? Do english ones actually exist, and if so, where can i find them?

Thanks

Offline ingels

• Replicant Friendly
  • Administrator
  • Nexus 6 Replicant (Self-Sufficient Combat Model)
  • Los Angeles, 2019 Staff
    • Los Angeles, 2019
Re: 5-Disc DVD Boxset
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:53:09 am »
So from this ramble, my question is, to those who have this box-set, are your discs German as well? Do English ones actually exist, and if so, where can i find them?

Hi and welcome to the forum Jarvio

I just took a look at my Spanish 5 Disc Blade Runner Ultimate Collectors Edition from 2007 and it has multiple languages on it's disc contents and a big box with German text near the center circle. Looking at my Swedish 2-disc Final Cut (2007) set it's the same with those disc (Freigegeben ab 16 Jahren .....)
I think this is something that is something that's on all european discs (just as there are Copyright/Legal Info on a multiple set of languages after some movies that continues on forever and ever (almost, but that's how it feels anyways)

I have the 30'th anniversary box-set but it's still unopened. I think this is a question for jfuste whom is a collector of BR items
Nicklas Ingels / Los Angeles, 2019 Webmaster & Forum Moderator
http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se

Offline renoll

• Skin-job
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:09 pm »
Lot of useful informations here. Thaks a lot for writing them

Offline sdibter

• Skin-job
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:00:43 pm »
Sorry for asking but where i can get this DVD box?

Offline NachoV

• Skin-job
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:01:37 am »
I was looking for this disc-box a long time, but useless