Welcome to Los Angeles, 2019
Los Angeles, 2019 is tribute to the cast and crew of the movie Blade Runner and author Phillip K. Dick
This site is devoted to give you information on anything that concerns the Blade Runner universe. So if you have any comments, ideas or news concerning Blade Runner. Please contact me.
The website will hopefully be more open where the visitor can participate more than before as you now create an account or use your AOL, Facebook, Google or other accounts to log in to Los Angeles, 2019 and participate in the forum and leave comments on the Los Angeles, 2019 news posts.
If you have any question, stumble upon any errors or is a Wordpress guru then don't hesitate to contact me
So, more news about the 30′th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner which will be released as a Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack on October 23′rd 2012. Much of what’s included comes from massive “The Final Cut” Ultimate Collectors Edition package that was release five years ago but there are some new items included for us die-hard fan’s.
New contents and collectibles:
- A new concept spinner
- A action lenticular will also be included (and from what I’ve heard this will not be the same as in the previous Ultimate Collectors Edition)
- a 72 page digibook with never before seen photos from the sets, sketches made by Ridley Scott and poster art.
- A disc with more than 1ooo photos and more.
The “Dangerous Days” documentury will be included both on DVD & Blu-Ray (So, now it’s finally released in High-Def). The 1982 theatrical & European releases will as before be included, together with the 1992 Directors Cut (branched together on one disc, as before). The workprint will also be included in this 30′th anniversary edition and the same thing goes for all of the other extras that could be found in the Ultimate Collectors Edition.
So, to sum it up. The new items will be the 72 page book, the new concept spinner, “Dangerous Days” documentary on Blu-Ray and the old extras from The Final Cut put together on one disc.
So, what are you waiting for.. You can pre-order this at Amazon.com right away
There will be a lighter 30′th Anniversary Collector’s edition released too (without all of the new collectible items) and the Digibook will only consists of 36 pages. If that’s what you want then you can pre-order that one from Amazon.com as well
I know, I know.. But this time I think it works as it should
The Los Angeles, 2019 Blade Runner Forum is now re-re-openend (and this time, all the old forum posts are available, some of their content as images will however be missing). Let’s hope that the new forum software does what it should (and from what I’ve seen so far, it looks alot more robust then the last piece of forum software I installed).
So, if you have an account why not post something, say hello and in the Presentations forum
For all of you whom will go to Comic-Con, on Friday July 13′th you shouldn’t miss this:
Friday July 13, 2012 7:00pm – 8:00pm @ Room 6BCF
7:00-8:00 – In 1982, Blade Runner, director Ridley Scott’s classic adaptation of SF master Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? was released to theaters and forever changed the face of cinematic science fiction. Filmmaker, BR expert, and acclaimed author Paul M. Sammon (Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner) hosts a 30th anniversary celebration of this influential masterpiece. Sammon (who was present throughout BR’s filming and met Philip K. Dick) will interview numerous BR cast and crewmembers, including BR art director David Snyder and BR: The Final Cut producer Charles de Lauzirika. Be there to meet these and other very special BR guests. Room 6BCF
Ichiban Toys, a company that creates their own Lego kits has created a stunning Lego Spinner that can be yours for $49.99 (+ postal costs), The kit comes unassembled so you have to build it yourself (The kit comes with instructions so don’t worry)
We’ve had requests for this model for years, and as great admirers of “Blade Runner”, we knew that if a kit was to be released, it had better be perfect. Our kit is about as good as it gets – a sweeping windscreen showcasing an interior with seats and gauges. Two doors that open up, just like the real vehicle. And lights galore! Take a spin through 2019 Los Angeles in this police spinner.
- Manufactured by: ICHIBAN Toys
- Merchant SKU: 1030
- Opening doors that pivot upwards, just like the real vehicle!
- Sweeping curves and lines to capture the shape as accurately as possible!
- A full interior consisting of two seats, gauge panels and a see-through floor!
- Fully detailed underside for those hovering moments!
- Two independently spinning wheels on the underside for road mode!
- A special slot design on the underside allows it to easily connect to a stand!
- Featuring many rare pieces and a lot of dark blue!
- You will receive ALL of the 205 BRAND-NEW parts needed, carefully packaged in resealable polybags. These parts are all brand-new official LEGO® elements.
- Heavyweight gloss-cover color instruction booklet.
- Packaged in a sealed collector’s box.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6 x 3.25 x 2″ or 15.5 x 8.5 x 5cm
- These kits use LEGO bricks to create the models. LEGO is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.
There are alot of Lego spinners available on the Internet but so far I’ve haven’t found one that’s for sale until now.