Posts tagged Props & Memoribilia
Some month ago I extended my Blade Runner prop collection with a wonderful fan-made set of items called The Unicorn File and even thou most of the set isn’t even seen in the movie I consider it to be a true gem in my collection (There is one origami unicorn included and it looks very much like the one in the movie).
The set consists of items that very well could have been in the movie as Deckard’s Voight-Kampff operator license card or a receipt from the White Dragon where Deckard gets a meal. Some items in the set comes weathered as they have been used as receipts and tickets might be and some are pristine
Items like this one is very nice to find and one should remember that items like this are made by fans for other fans to enjoy and cherish. You can find information on how you might get one of these sets for yourself (as of now, there are only six sets left). The price is €25 and includes shipping worldwide.
You can find all the information and pictures of the set at the Unicorn File thread @ Propsummit.com
I decided to make two videos showing of the items in this amazing set and post here so that everyone could get a good look at how truly amazing fan made props or memorabilia items can be. As a fan of Blade Runner, items like this are truly wonderful to own and collect.
Video #1: Deckard’s items
Video #2: Leon Kowalski’s items
So, more news about the 30’th Anniversary Edition of Blade Runner which will be released as a Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack on October 23’rd 2012. Much of what’s included comes from massive “The Final Cut” Ultimate Collectors Edition package that was release five years ago but there are some new items included for us die-hard fan’s.
New contents and collectibles:
- A new concept spinner
- A action lenticular will also be included (and from what I’ve heard this will not be the same as in the previous Ultimate Collectors Edition)
- a 72 page digibook with never before seen photos from the sets, sketches made by Ridley Scott and poster art.
- A disc with more than 1ooo photos and more.
The “Dangerous Days” documentury will be included both on DVD & Blu-Ray (So, now it’s finally released in High-Def). The 1982 theatrical & European releases will as before be included, together with the 1992 Directors Cut (branched together on one disc, as before). The workprint will also be included in this 30’th anniversary edition and the same thing goes for all of the other extras that could be found in the Ultimate Collectors Edition.
So, to sum it up. The new items will be the 72 page book, the new concept spinner, “Dangerous Days” documentary on Blu-Ray and the old extras from The Final Cut put together on one disc.
So, what are you waiting for.. You can pre-order this at Amazon.com right away
There will be a lighter 30’th Anniversary Collector’s edition released too (without all of the new collectible items) and the Digibook will only consists of 36 pages. If that’s what you want then you can pre-order that one from Amazon.com as well
Ichiban Toys, a company that creates their own Lego kits has created a stunning Lego Spinner that can be yours for $49.99 (+ postal costs), The kit comes unassembled so you have to build it yourself (The kit comes with instructions so don’t worry)
We’ve had requests for this model for years, and as great admirers of “Blade Runner”, we knew that if a kit was to be released, it had better be perfect. Our kit is about as good as it gets – a sweeping windscreen showcasing an interior with seats and gauges. Two doors that open up, just like the real vehicle. And lights galore! Take a spin through 2019 Los Angeles in this police spinner.
- Manufactured by: ICHIBAN Toys
- Merchant SKU: 1030
- Opening doors that pivot upwards, just like the real vehicle!
- Sweeping curves and lines to capture the shape as accurately as possible!
- A full interior consisting of two seats, gauge panels and a see-through floor!
- Fully detailed underside for those hovering moments!
- Two independently spinning wheels on the underside for road mode!
- A special slot design on the underside allows it to easily connect to a stand!
- Featuring many rare pieces and a lot of dark blue!
- You will receive ALL of the 205 BRAND-NEW parts needed, carefully packaged in resealable polybags. These parts are all brand-new official LEGO® elements.
- Heavyweight gloss-cover color instruction booklet.
- Packaged in a sealed collector’s box.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6 x 3.25 x 2″ or 15.5 x 8.5 x 5cm
- These kits use LEGO bricks to create the models. LEGO is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.
There are alot of Lego spinners available on the Internet but so far I’ve haven’t found one that’s for sale until now.
Blade Runner was released 30 years ago and that calls for an anniversary edition which is a 4-Disc Blu-ray / DVD +UltraViolet Digital Copy Combo Pack